Lip Reading Concluded

Photo by kavehkhkh

So I'm here to report I finished the Read My Lips! DVD series. I have little to add to my earlier observations. I think the series is effective to a certain extent. I feel decidedly more proficient than when I started--but, just as language classes in school seldom bring you to fluency, I am not ready to go out and be a spy just yet.

I intend to go back to the DVD's occasionally to maintain what proficiency I have. I haven't decided on whether to attempt some further formal training. There isn't much out there, beyond some YouTube videos.

I'm pretty sure I could create a lip-reading course that would take it to the next level--if only I didn't have too many other things to do that sound more interesting.

To wrap it up, here are a few of the more memorable quotes from the "Read My Lips!" series. I am not making these up:

You've had too much to drink.

That rhinoceros reminds me of your mother.

Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law.

I took a butcher knife from the kitchen and went down into the basement.







No comments: